We pay standard (Malaysian) market rates for food stories, and token fees for recipes and recipe testing. We are currently planning on how to monetise this site and will be transparent about this once we decide. If you have ideas, or are an interested funder, please contact us!
Our rates for contributors are as below:
- RM0.80 a word OR flat rate of RM650 for research/features, 800-1000 words per published article.
- RM0.70 a word OR flat rate of RM280 for anecdotal stories/op-eds, 400-600 words per published article.
- For stories in other formats including illustrations and poems, contact surekha [at] periuk.my directly to discuss rates.
- RM80 per published recipe. We also accept recipes in kind, if you're so inclined!
- RM30 per tested recipe, additional RM20 per published photo.
If you are part of an underrepresented group, your contributions are eligible for higher remuneration.